Apple – Apricot – Blackberry – Buffalo Berry -Nanking Cherry – Sour & Sweet Cherry – Chestnut – Currant – Elderberry – Fig – Grapes – Hazelnut – Hickory – Highbush Cranberry – Juneberry – Medlar – Mulberry – Pawpaw – Peach – Asian & European Pear – Northern Pecan – Native Persimmon – European, Native & Hybrid Plums – Quince – Sea Buckthorn – Raspberry – Rose – Strawberry – Black Walnut – plus many more.
Click on our Fruit Variety Comparison Chart for more information.
Some basic principles for successful fruit tree cultivation and production are as follows:
- Selecting appropriate varieties, including ones with good disease resistance
- Evaluating potential planting sites for appropriate sunlight, drainage, soil, proximity to structures & walkways, distance from other trees, etc.
- Selecting rootstocks appropriate for our climate and specific location
- Watering newer trees until they are established
- Addressing potential pest issues
- Harvesting at the correct time
We will continue to add useful resources to help our community successfully grow more fruit trees – this includes resource links and resource files. Click on Fruit Tree Growing Basics for more information on this topic.
See the RESOURCE LINK page for a complete list of resources.